You are probably with her right now
And I lay here in yearning
in anguish
in confusion
I ran my fingers through your hair and gazed into your eyes
And even still in my imagination the night replays so vividly
How I lost myself, found me and lost myself again all in a matter of seconds
And tonight my heart is crying because I am not the woman in your arms
Listening to the sound of your heartbeat
I remember our last stolen kiss and pine for a hundred more
Our bodies intermingled, your skin against mine and the sound of your voice is darkness
Haunt me like ghosts
And if only I knew the words to win your heart
And it hurts not knowing if it was ever real
Or just a drunkards mad lust dream
Am I to cast aside my cares?
Where do I tuck away the scent of you
the feel of your hand in mine
or even the memory of the rhythm of your breath?
I cannot keep these in my heart
To cherish and to rue these things bring me confusion
So I hold these memories in my hand but do not close them
Yet I am hesitant to cast them into the sea
What good would this do me anyway?
You are now as much a part of me as I am you
“Be careful with my heart for you might break it”
So you handed it back to me
What am I to do now?
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment