Tuesday, January 27, 2009

ramblings

The course is over and the test begins
Now I must apply to life all that you have taught me
I fight the urge to pull the covers over my head and lay in bed—hiding from the world
I know no matter what that life will happen with or without you
So today I choose to be a participant in my world
I have learned that I do not have to accept the scraps, hand me downs or discards of others
I am able to obtain, achieve or create the best of whatever my finite mind can imagine
And just when I thought I had reached my limits I found another treasure to search for
And when I feel I can't go on God picks me up and carries me the rest of the way
You are engraved in my heart and I know that our souls still yearn to swap secrets…sometimes I find it hard to breathe
And to step down
To cease fighting
growing
sharing
loving
changing
building
learning
dreaming
giving
listening
praying
laughing
taking
hoping
thinking
enduring
living
would be saying that all you taught me was in vain. and I refuse to kill whatever is left of us.

No comments: